Hi! I’m Suzanne, a freelance writer, and your partner in sharing stories to create meaning, inspire growth, and cultivate potential.
It is not uncommon for our relationships to unravel when we experience conflict or desire changes in our lives.
I’m passionate about using stories to move people to action. I’m driven to create meaning between theory and practice to write content that resonates with readers and has purpose.
For 22 years of my career, I have worked in education, mediation, conflict management, and consulting. These ventures have helped me to see the world from a unique perspective.
Words have power, and stories inspire, educate and motivate. My mission is to use my writing to make a positive difference. To help people grow professionally and personally.
As a student, I sometimes get frustrated when education is more about producing and measuring results than the learning process. However, that is not the case in Suzanne’s communication class at Lethbridge College. She has in-depth knowledge and passion for interpersonal communication and is oftentimes able to explain course content with pragmatic approaches. We were lucky to have Suzanne as an instructor because I will apply what she taught in class for the rest of my career.
— Eric Wong
Suzanne’s ability to elegantly quantify such a tense and emotionally rooted thing as conflict; speaks volumes to her experience and skill in such matters. No matter how subtle or extreme, conflict is an ever-present workplace phenomenon that can cause stress, sickness, and even disease if not faced and corrected mindfully and respectfully. Suzanne’s workshops give the essential strategies for just such a task! Highly recommend from a satisfied workshop attendee!
— Ron McHugh
As a leader, you are responsible for communicating your vision to your team, setting an example by communicating effectively with them, and resolving conflicts among your team members. If they are not communicating well or resolving conflicts, it could affect their productivity and your entire organization.
Power of Storytelling
- I provide the resources that leaders need to make better choices. My passion is writing about personal development and growth for leaders through storytelling to make better choices and uncover their true strengths.
- I use my writing for storytelling to share examples of healthy choices with leaders as a powerful tool to empower them to make positive changes in their lives and the lives of others.
Be Your Best Self
- Step into the role of leadership in your life. Free to choose and lead with heart, courage, clarity, and dedication.
- Be your best self by being a role model for leaders yet to come. Cultivate your potential and live a legacy of healthy choices for personal development, personal growth, and a fulfilling life.
Live and Lead Happier
- Become better. Be happy. One of the biggest challenges leaders face is becoming happier and more fulfilled in life. The good news is that happiness is not just for the lucky few. It’s a learnable skill and easier than you think to master the art of living happier.
Need Content That Converts to Success?
My life passion is freelance writing about personal development and personal growth for leaders to make better choices through strong foundations to uncover their true strengths.
Writing with compelling stories is a powerful tool for sharing examples of healthy choices for positive changes with leaders.
Who I Am
We all have unlimited potential.
This mantra is the foundation of my career. Background, experience, ethnicity, socio-cultural roots, language, intellectual and emotional capacities, and desires all weave together to form learning potential.
My life, work, writing, and stories embrace diversity and promotes inclusiveness.
I have always been fascinated by storytelling. Growing up in a family tourist business and meeting people from around the world, I learned to approach conversations with authenticity and share stories and experiences. I’ve taken these skills into my professional life.
When I was a child, we formed lasting relationships with customers through good old-fashioned human interaction, and as an adult, I use those same skills to build strong relationships. In addition, being raised in a family business helped strengthen my interpersonal skills and sparked a desire for authentic leadership and storytelling.
What I Do
For more than two decades of my career, I have worked in education, mediation, conflict management, and consulting. These ventures have helped me to see the world from a unique perspective.
As a freelance writer, speaker, and consultant, I find inspiration in connecting “theory and practice” and sharing stories to create meaning and motivate action.
Through my books and blog posts – as well as during conflict management workshops or online lessons – I weave stories from personal experience to encourage others to explore themselves and pursue their goals confidently.
- Freelance Writing (blog posts and long-form articles with authoritative resources)
- Keynotes (conflict management, communication skills, personal and professional development)
- Curriculum Development (writing online or face-to-face courses and lessons)
How I Do It
Over the years, I have witnessed firsthand the power of personal and professional development with my clients and students. Transformation occurs when leaders are willing to question their beliefs and adapt rather than blindly resisting change.
By accepting change and conflict are inevitable and seeking out new growth opportunities, leaders come closer to reaching their full potential.
The process begins with each leader striving to be their best self by looking inward and focusing on strengths instead of weaknesses. Cultivating potential and enriching relationships.
Find projects, testimonials from happy clients, and freelance writing samples.
The Canadian Children’s Book Centre Professional Creator Membership- Professional Creator as a published author, illustrator, or professional storyteller.